The holidays are a great time for families to get together to share memories and to make new ones. Reliving holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah or other holiday gatherings, can be fun and can create new traditions.
Why not turn Black Friday into a Family Memories Friday?
Don’t spend the day after Thanksgiving standing in line or shopping online. Spend it with your family enjoying the best moments. Here are some easy tips to make your family holiday celebration memorable.
1. Pull out old photo albums, shoeboxes, and other places you have photos and documents.
2. If others are coming, ask them to bring not only their old photos, scrapbooks and albums, but also documents like diplomas, service records, report cards, holiday cards and more. These valuable documents can provide clues to dates and times to help identify photos, as well as provide great memories in and off themselves.
3. Before the event, ensure all your equipment is in working order. Make sure all software is updated and current. That not only means the scanner software, but also image-enhancement software, like Vivid-Pix RESTORE, which quickly improves color and contrast to faded photos and documents.
4. Provide plenty of paper and pencils! Use the party to record family history information. Create family information sheets to collect information like births, weddings, military service, deaths, etc. Seeing long-lost prints will also jog their memories, so that information can be recorded.
5. Make sure you have enough room. Set up a card table away from the food; stains and spills can be a disaster for old photos!
6. During the party, family members will share delightful and memorable stories about the photos. Have a video camera or smartphone rolling to capture these moments.
And once all the scans are done and organized, it’s time to make photo books and wall decor from those scanned memories. Go to www.vivid-pix-prints.com to see all the great gifts you can create!
Give your pics (and documents) the Vivid-Pix Fix!;